SUBMISSIONS AND CORRESPONDENCE STATISTICS
1. IntroductionOver the course of the Inquiry, submissions and emails have been received from members of the public, industry stakeholders, campaign and interest groups as well as academics, through the general enquiries mailbox. The Inquiry has been committed to publishing these statistics on the Inquiry’s website on a monthly basis.1
The following submissions have been received by the Inquiry since the start of formal public hearings, between 14 November 2011 and 31 October 2012:
|Author Type||Number of submissions|
|Members of the public||590|
|Victim of press treatment||163|
|PI or investigatory body||2|
|Author Type||14-Nov to 13-Dec||14-Dec to 31-Jan||Feb 2012||Mar 2012||Apr 2012||May 2012||Jun 2012||Jul 2012||Aug 2012||Sep 2012||Oct 2012|
|Members of the Public||215||73||40||19||34||60||93||31||6||5||2|
|MP / Peer||10||6||2||2||0||2||2||3||0||0||0|
|Victim of press treatment||93||24||16||9||2||3||5||3||3||3||0|
|PI or investigatory body||n/a||n/a||2||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Percentage change by Month4 (%)||n/a||-59||-49||-44||0||+36||+75||-57||-74||-33||-70|
3. General enquiries correspondenceIn addition to the 1,083 submissions received through the general enquiries mailbox, the Inquiry has also received 2,502 general pieces of correspondence since the start of formal public hearings on 14 November 2011. These have been categorised accordingly:
- 2,452 enquiries;
- 22 FOI queries; and
- 28 pieces of other correspondence.
4. Website viewsBetween 14 November 2011 and 31 October 2012, the Leveson Inquiry website has received 1,805,939 hits from 652,675 unique visitors from over 200 countries.
5. Press reporting during the InquirySince it was established, the Inquiry has had the benefit of daily summaries of relevant press stories, provided by an independent organisation, from all of the UK national newspapers and some international titles.
2. this figure excludes 2 submissions which were processed outside of the General Enquiries Mailbox (and recorded at alater date); or were supplementary submissions which were not counted as new submissions for the January total
3. this figure excludes 18 submissions which were processed outside of the General Enquiries Mailbox (and recorded ata later date); or were supplementary submissions which were not counted as new submissions for the February total
4. figures rounded to the nearest whole number